Snagged fromi_will_dare_89 step one.
+ Make a post to your LJ.
The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a ______ icon that's just for me.") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD.") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV."). The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
+ If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your e-mail address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. (Note: home address, not required!)
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.step two.
+ Surf around your friends list (or friends' friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use -- or even know where you could get someone's dream pure-bred basset hound for free -- do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf -- to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call. There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.step three.
List your Ten Wishes
1. Blood Ties Fiction!! (I love all of it, but I haven't seen a good mystery or 'episode' lately)
2. My friends around me for the holidays
3. A lot of hugs for Christmas (I'm always in a cuddly mood)
4. Any non-USA money bills/notes/coins (low value, just for my son’s collection)
5. Christmas postcards (I'll give you my address if you want to send me).
6. Paid (or permanent) account
7. Can anyone catch me up on the Batman story line since about 1970?
8. An iPod Nano, Red or Purple, biggest Gbs.
10. Inspiration for an excellent new fanfiction addiction